About Sands Montessori
A Sands Montessori Classroom…
Maria Montessori (1870–1952) was an Italian physician and educator best known for the Montessori philosophy of education, and work on scientific pedagogy.
- Builds strong minds. Sands Montessori provides a mentally stimulating environment for children. We teach Common Core standards that are aligned to the Montessori curriculum. At the completion of our Montessori program, our students consistently have higher state test scores than students at other schools in the district. We attribute that to our excellent teachers, the amount of individual attention each child receives in the classroom, and the use of specially designed materials developed to teach the Montessori program.
- Strengthens communication. Sands Montessori provides a classroom atmosphere which promotes social interaction through cooperative learning and peer teaching. Children are encouraged to exchange ideas with others, strengthening communication skills.
- Nurtures emotional growth. Research has shown that the best predictor of future success is a strong sense of self-esteem. At Sands Montessori, we encourage self-directed and enriching activities, helping children develop a good self-image and the confidence to face challenges and change with optimism.
- Encourages creativity. Music, art, oral presentations, and drama are all part of the Sands Montessori program, but there are other ways we foster creative development. Sands Montessori provides children with a variety of learning materials that stimulate interest and involvement. We encourage children to express themselves through both verbal and non-verbal forms of learning.
- Provides room to grow. At Sands Montessori, children are not confined to the rows of desks found in a traditional classroom. Our students are free to move through the environment, working on assignments individually or collaboratively in groups as they sit comfortably on rugs or at tables with other children. Each multi-age classroom environment has a clear set of expectations to foster independence and life-long learning.
- Focuses on the whole child. By fulfilling a child’s intellectual, social, physical, creative, and emotional needs, Sands Montessori provides an education that prepares children for every aspect of life. We do this by providing dedicated, experienced, highly qualified teachers who know how to help children reach their full potential and by partnering with and building strong relationships with parents and families. Best of all, Sands Montessori is a public school available to children in the Cincinnati area.
Sands Montessori official website.