Did you know that children who participate in band …
- Score on average 42 points higher on the math and 61 points higher on the verbal sections of their S.A.T.’s
- Do better in math, science, language arts, and social studies classes
- Learn to work more cooperatively with others
- Show significant increases in self esteem, self motivation, and achievement
- Have the lowest level of current and lifelong drug and alcohol abuse
These are just some of the benefits from playing a musical instrument. At Sands, band instruments include Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Saxophone, Trumpet, French Horn, Trombone, Baritone and Percussion (Mallet Keyboard instruments, Snare and Bass Drum and auxiliary).
- Open to all 9-12 students who have a desire to play a band instrument.
- Open to all 9-12 students who have completed at least one year on their instrument.
For more information, please email the Sands Band Director, Donald Klein, or call 859-835-6326.